Last Updated February 2016
Information we collect from you directly:
· Registration and Profile Information. When you create an account, we may collect your personal information such as your username, first and last name, birth date, email address, mobile phone number and a photo, if you chose to have a photo associated with your account. We may collect additional information from a parent in order to obtain verifiable parental consent to allow a child to use our Services.
· Data collected through use of the Services. After you set up your account, we may ask for other profile and demographic information.
· Device Phonebook. StudyPal is all about communication so we may, with your consent, collect contact information from your device.
· Camera and Photos. You may elect to allow StudyPal to access images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. We’ll never access the camera or photos unless you give us your consent to do so.
· Geolocation. We collect your unique user identifier and your location through GPS, WiFi, or wireless network triangulation in order to obtain your location for the purposes of providing the Services. If you turn off location sharing on your phone, we will not share your location information; however, while you are a member of StudyPal, we will continue to collect your location information in order to provide the Services and display the general location information you provided in your account settings. We maintain location information only so long as is reasonable to provide the Services and then destroy the location information.
· Messages and User Content. We collect information when you message other members of StudyPal through use of the Services. We may also retain any messages you send to us. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Services and to communicate directly with you, such as to send you alerts on the activities of StudyPal members. You can control your receipt of email and text alerts by visiting “Settings” within the App. We may also send you Services-related emails (e.g., account verification, parental consent notification, order confirmations, change or updates to features of the Services, technical and security notices). You may not opt-out of Services-related e-mails.
Information we receive about you from others:
Social Media. When you interact with StudyPal through various social media, such as when you Like us on Facebook or post a comment to our Facebook page, we may receive information from the social network such as your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the Services.
Information we collect automatically through the use of technology:
When you visit our website or use the Services through our App, we and our business partners may collect certain information about your computer or device through technology such as cookies, web beacons, log files, or other tracking or recording tools. The information we collect through the use of tracking technologies includes, but is not limited to, IP address, browser information, referring and exit pages and URLs, click stream data and how you interact with links on the website, App, or Services, domain names, landing pages, page views, cookie data that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, browsing behavior on our site, mobile device type, mobile device IDs or other persistent identifiers, and location data collected from your mobile device. Some or all of this data may be combined with other personally identifying information described above. We use this information to:
· Remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site or mobile app;
· Provide custom, personalized content and information;
· Monitor the effectiveness of our Services and our marketing campaigns;
· Monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, users, traffic, and demographic patterns;
· Diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with certain IP addresses or user IDs; and
· Automatically update our application on your system and related devices.
You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Services may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled. To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org.
2. Sharing of Your Information
We will not rent or sell your personal information to third parties outside StudyPal and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates without your consent, except as noted below:
· we share your information, including name, email, telephone number (if provided ) and location, with other users
· we may share your personal information with our third-party business partners, vendors and consultants who perform services on our behalf, such as accounting, credit card processing, managerial, technical, marketing or analytic services. These business partners will be given access to your information as necessary to deliver the Services under reasonable confidentiality terms;
· Any information or content that you voluntarily post to the website or to our Facebook page will automatically be available to the public and we may publicly post your reviews and comments online on our website or App, or link your reviews to third party websites;
· we may aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics of our data and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties;
· we may at any time transfer or assign all information, including personal information, to a third party in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions or similar transactions or proceedings; or
3. How We Protect Your Information
StudyPal cares about the security of your information and uses reasonable and appropriate physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the complete security of our systems. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
4. Your Choices About Your Information
You may, of course, decline to submit any personal information through the Services, in which case StudyPal may not be able to provide its Services to you.
· Modifying Your Account Information and Settings: You may modify your account information, update or amend your personal information, or change your password at any time by logging in to your account or making changes to the social media setting you use to login to your StudyPal account. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. As noted above, you may not opt out of Services-related communications. If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at contact@StudyPal.co.
· Delete Your Account and Personal Information: We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services. You may cancel your StudyPal account at any time by selecting “Deactivate Your Account” or “Delete Your Account” from the App or Site. Deleting the App from your device will not cancel your StudyPal account.
· Opting Out of Collection of Tracking Data: The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser. Please refer to your browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking and recording tools. (To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org.) Depending on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through browser settings but you can uninstall the App if you no longer wish to participate in our Services.
5. Children’s Privacy
Because our Services are not directed toward minors, no one under 18 is allowed to register with or use the Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If we discover that we have collected Personal Information from a person under 18, we will delete that information immediately. If you are a parent or guardian of a minor under the age of 18 and believe he or she has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Links to Other Web Sites and Services
7. Your California Privacy Rights
P.O Box 9764
Newport Beach CA 92658
Alternatively, you may send us an email at contact@StudyPal.co. with the words “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line.
StudyPal does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser may allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
StudyPal offers interactive services which allow you to post content to share publicly. At any time you can delete or remove content you have posted using the deletion or removal options within our services. If you have questions about how to remove content in a specific service or if you would like additional assistance with deletion you can contact Support. Although we offer deletion capability for our services, you should be aware that the removal of content may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that content or information posted through the services.
8. How to Contact Us